I have been working at Prettyman Broadcasting since 2010, doing a little bit of everything, but my passion is Sports! I graduated from Shepherd University in 2010, with a degree in Mass Communications and New Media. I hosted a sports radio show there for 3 years. I love sports writing too, so expect some fun articles on this blog. I love talking NFL, NHL, MLB and NBA. Make sure you comment on the blogs too, because I love discussing sports. Please Note: The opinions, analysis, and/or speculation expressed on wepm.com represent those of individual authors, and unless quoted or labled as such do not represent the opinons or policies of Prettyman Broadcasting.
What is RIGHT with the Jets?
by Pietro DiSante Jr,posted Oct 29 2012 12:30PM
Okay, in my NFL Preview, I picked the Jets to finish the season (11-5). Halfway through, they already have the 5 losses I predicted, at (3-5). Not much is going right for the Jets either. Rex Ryan has coached poorly, the offense is playing terrible, including a very poor coaching job by Tony Sparano, the defense has been okay, but can't stop the run, the Special Teams has been the worst it has ever been under Mike Westhoff, the team is filled with injuries, etc. It is basically a disaster in Florham Park, New Jersey and I don't mean Hurricane Sandy. So for all the Jets fans out there, let's look at some positives of your (3-5) Jets:
1. Nick Mangold is still a top Center in the NFL and has played well. Tony Sparano's blocking scheme has made the offensive line take a step back, but Mangold is still playing at a top level.
2. Antonio Cromartie has played well filling in for Darrelle Revis as a shut down cornerback. In fact, this has been the best Cromartie has ever played in his career.
3. I think Mark Sanchez is still a solid quarterback and a quarterback of the future for the Jets, but he is surrounded by a bad situation. Coaching, players around him, it will be very hard for him to succeed in New York.
4. LaRon Landry has played well as a hard hitting safety for the Jets defense. Just like Cromartie, his talents have been wasted on an overall poor team.
5. Punter Rob Malone. Not good when your punter is part of what is going right on your team, but Malone has done very well this season. He has had 2 punts blocked though, due to poor protection. Who is his personal protector on punts? Tim Tebow.
Okay, so can this ship get back on a playoff course? No. Not this season. Too much wrong with the Jets. Too much indeed.